Fiscal Year 2018 Research Aid Application
Purpose of the aid
Rapidly progressing globalization and information proliferation in recent years raise the question of how youth culture and lifestyle in Japan and Germany have changed under their impact and what developments we can expect in relation to the cultural exchanges between the two countries.
In order to study these issues, the Foundation provides aid for the youth culture and lifestyle research investigation by researchers in Japan and Germany and fosters researchers who are to form the nucleus of cultural exchange between the two countries. Concurrently, through symposiums, workshops, and publications, the Foundation makes the research results available to a wide-ranging audience, with the aim of establishing a new field of academic study.
Japanese - German Youth Culture and Lifestyle Research
- （1）Trends in culture and consumer activities surrounding fields such as film, music, manga, and art
- （2）Trends in daily-life features such as fashion, eating habits, and residential preferences
- （3）Changes in lifestyles surrounding areas such as child raising, work, love, and marriage
- （4）Changes in social perceptions and movements relating to issues such as immigration, minorities, gender, and environment
- （1）Eligible are both individual research and group research.
- （2）No restrictions apply to the nationality and affiliated institutions of applicants and research members. However, all researchers must be resident in Japan or Germany and must be under 40 years of age as of November 30, 2017.
- （3）Eligible to receive aid is research in the field of human and social science consistent with the research theme.
- （4）Research already completed is not eligible to receive aid.
Moreover, applications are ineligible to receive aid in the following cases.
・When aid is to be allocated to the funding of activities and normal operations such as of NPO corporations
・When the purpose of aid is limited to purchasing goods and materials
- （5）As a general rule, researchers are responsible for their research results. The Foundation accepts no liability for the content of research results. Impropriety will be made public.
Application closing date ・Aid decision ・Submission and publication of reports
- Application closing date : Thursday, November 30. 2017
- Aid decision : Scheduled for February 2018 (Decisions will be posted on the website of the Foundation)
- Submission of the research results report : February 2019
- Publication of the research results : Applicants attend a symposium scheduled to be held in Japan (Osaka city) in March 2019 to present the research results.
Aid amount and aid period
- （1）Aid amount
JPY 300,000 per research
Number of aid awards: 4 (prospective)
- （2）Aid period
The 10 months from April 1, 2018, to January 31, 2019
For details, please visit the website of the Foundation and read through “Fiscal Year 2018 Research Aid Application Requirements”
Application RequirementsFiscal Year 2018 Research Aid Application Requirements (Japanese)[PDF]
Fiscal Year 2018 Research Aid Application Requirements (English)[PDF]
Fiscal Year 2018 Research Aid Application Requirements (German)[PDF]
Application FormJapanese - German Youth Culture and Lifestyle Research Aid Application Form (Japanese)[Word]
Japanese - German Youth Culture and Lifestyle Research Aid Application Form (English)[Word]
Japanese - German Youth Culture and Lifestyle Research Aid Application Form (German)[Word]