1st Student Prize Essay Contest
Purpose of Essay
In recent years, there have been numerous problems related to global warming effect and finite resources including energy and food. These problems are no longer restricted to our own country but have a great impact on the international community that have becoome increasingly tense.
Under such circumstances, it is considered essential to make good use of renewable energy as means to build a peaceful and sustainable society. In your essay, what technology to be created and developed for the society should be discussed from a technical point of view and a management perspective.
"Technologies and management of renewable energy for realizing a sustainable society"
Eligibility and requirements
- Students including foreign students who are resident in Japan and enrolled in Japanese universities and graduate schools (excluding working Drs.).
- No limitation on age.
- You may write an essay collaboratively in a group.
- Essays/papers already published are not accepted.
- You shall take responsibility for the contents. Foundation will not give any guarantees for the contents and make public the fact if there is fraudulence.
Deadline for submission
- No later than Friday, September 15, 2017 Extend the deadline / Friday, October 20, 2017
- Published on the Foundation’s website on February 16, 2018
- Held at the Josho hall of OIT Umeda Tower on March 17, 2018
Number of winners, certificates, and prizes
- 1st Place of Yamaoka Award:
1 winner awarded prize JPY 500,000.- together with a certificate of appreciation
- 2nd Place of Yamaoka Award:
2 winners awarded prize JPY 250,000.- together with a certificate of appreciation
For details, please visit the Foundation’s website and read through “Yamaoka Memorial Foundation 1st Student Prize Essay Contest Entry Guidelines”.